Cowes Danger and Warnings
- Cowes is a coastal town located on Phillip Island, Victoria, Australia.
- Crime rate in the town is relatively low.
- However, as it is a tourist destination, pickpocketing, theft, and car break-ins are common.
- It is advised to always lock your doors and windows and keep your valuables out of sight.
- If you are walking alone at night, stick to well-lit areas and avoid quiet or deserted streets.
- Swimming in the ocean can also be dangerous due to strong currents and marine life such as sharks and jellyfish.
- Always swim at patrolled beaches and obey any warning signs.
- For emergency services, dial 000.
- For more information and safety tips, check out the Victoria Police and the Visit Phillip Island websites.
Security Service Providers or related services in Cowes are welcome to create a listing for your Business in the Cowes Business Directory Security Category For Local business and Community Groups, basic directory listings that includes posting your promotional video on COWES.PHILLIPISLAND.GUIDE is 100% FREE';